Wednesday, January 8, 2014

ANOTHER BLOG

I have finally got around to writing my first post for my ENN103F blog. Do not be fooled though, it does not mean I have been inactive as far as that subject goes. If you happen to be on Facebook or a member of any other social network you will understand how easy it is to get involved in all that happens on those platforms.
 
This year I have made a concerted effort to join various groups on Facebook that have been formed specifically for university students. One such group is the ENN103F and in a crazy fit of enthusiasm I volunteered to be an administrator of the group.  This is a wonderful opportunity to work on my diplomacy skills, which are sometimes sadly lacking.  As an admin of that group I have found that the vocal members are intent of moaning about the module or the way in which the faculty is handling the module and this has forced me to look at ways to try and keep the focus on the learning of the module without ruffling too many feathers. Every now and then I find that I have to sit back, away from the computer, and think about an answer to a query because I tend to get decidedly undiplomatic and long-winded.

This brings to mind a technique we used when facilitating and writing reports (at a past place of employment). Always keep in mind K.I.S.S; Keep It Simple Silly. Fortunately there are some established active groups that are willing to allow me to share links with the members of the ENN103F group, which is very time-saving and it keeps it simple. These links will assist them in getting the answers to the questions that are shifting their focus from the learning experience.  To enhance the learning experience and create enthusiasm I have created some ‘pictures’ that will hopefully be of benefit the members. It is these ideas that I will be sharing on the ENN103F blog.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, it seems to be human nature to be vocal when unhappy and to keep silent about contentment. This is evident from our tendency to complain about bad service, but not to compliment good service. I don't envy your position as 'Customer Care Consultant' for the ENN103F group! Oh, and by the way, I found the ENN103F module very informative and useful in the long run, even if I didn't enjoy every minute of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi blondie! Thank you for your comment, your insights are always invaluable. The module has changed quite a bit since two years ago, so who knows how much it has changed since you did it? Anyway it is going to be an interesting experience to say the least ;)

      Delete